The Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Loveland, Colorado
We radiate love, peace, and justice.
We are a church of Open Minds, Helping Hands, and Loving Hearts
The Nomadic Journey is coming to an end. We are very pleased to announce that on November 22, 2015, NUUC will celebrate its first service in our very own home. After 15 years of renting seven different spaces for Sunday service, Youth Religious Education, Auction, social events, office, we purchased an existing 100 year old church at 745 E 5th Street in downtown Loveland. In our permanent home we will continue to work toward our mission:
“… to foster a beloved community that celebrates diversity, strives for peace and justice, acts mindfully for the good of the planet, and inspires spiritual growth through a free and loving search for truth and meaning.”
Join us on Sunday, November 22 at 10:00 am for our service “Welcome Home!”
Rev. Laurel Liefert, Namaqua Covenant Chorale, Children and Youth, Director of Religion Education Kathy Vaughn, Worship Associates Karen Brock, Andy Carlson, Brenda Christiansen, Mim Neal.
This is the Sunday we’ve been waiting for! Join us for a joyous multigenerational service with singing, drumming, stories, poetry and more – in our own home! After the service we will celebrate with cake and a party!
Namaqua Unitarian Universalist Congregation fosters a beloved community that celebrates diversity, strives for peace and justice, acts mindfully for the good of the planet and inspires spiritual growth through a free and loving search for truth and meaning.
We, the members of Namaqua Unitarian Universalist Congregation, covenant together to uphold these values:
- Acceptance of and respect for each other.
- Empathy and compassion toward each other.
- Honesty and trust in our relationships.
- Healthy, respectful communication with each other.
Taken together these values inform our democratic governance. We strive to embody our shared values in our interactions within our community and in our personal lives by committing to the practice of:
- Valuing everyone equally.
- Cherishing, protecting and educating our children.
- Creating and promoting a safe and trusting environment that allows us to learn from our differences and challenge each other with love.
- Encouraging, supporting and empowering one another in our personal journeys and in our communal UU goals.
- Investing our best selves by using our time and talents to share in the work of the congregation.
- Accepting responsibility and accountability for our words and actions.
- Acknowledging and resolving conflict in a spirit of mutual respect and fairness.
- Fostering authentic connections with each other through love, laughter, praise, goodwill and action.
Reverend Laurel Anne Snyder Liefert
“Don’t ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and then do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.”
–Dr. Howard Thurman
Rev. Laurel received her Master of Divinity in Parish and Community Ministry in 2007 from Starr King School for the Ministry in Berkley CA. Her Juris Doctor was earned in 1981 from University of California at Davis King Hall School of Law. In 1977, she received her Bachelor of Arts (summa cum laude) in Environmental Studies/Geography from UC Davis and California State University Fresno. Ordained by the First Unitarian Church of Oakland, CA in 2008, she served as chaplain at that church until accepting NUUC’s call in May 2011.
We meet at 10:00 am on Sunday at 745 E. 5th Street, Loveland, CO 80537. For directions, click HERE.
Are you are looking for a church where you can find community, explore your spirituality, and promote peace and justice in the world? If so, come visit us.